HOW alli WORKS
alli, along with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet, can result in a 5% to 10% weight loss over time.
Learn more about how the product works.
VO: alli is the #1 doctor recommended OTC weight-loss aid* because it effectively works with your body to help you lose more.
SUPER: #1 doctor recommended OTC weight loss aid*
Disclaimer: *Among over the counter (OTC) weight loss products, based on physician survey June 2021.
VO: And with alli, it’s easier than you think, especially when you know how it works.
VO: Although fat is part of a healthy diet, eating too much can cause you to gain weight.
VO: While reducing fat intake is a really important part of your weight loss journey, using alli with a reduced calorie, low-fat diet can help you lose that much more.
VO: In fact, for every five pounds you lose with diet alone…
SUPER: Weight loss with diet alone
VO: … alli will help you lose two to three pounds more.
SUPER: Weight loss with alli
VO: When you eat a meal that contains fat, enzymes in your digestive system break down the fat into smaller particles that your body absorbs, resulting in weight gain.
VO: But when you take alli before the meal…
VO: …it attaches to some of those enzymes and stops about 25 percent of the fat from being digested.
SUPER: Blocks 25% of fat
VO: This undigested fat passes out of your body naturally, so you absorb fewer calories from what you eat.
VO: alli works only in your digestive system, but to get the best possible results, you have to do your part.
VO: That means alli, exercise, and maintaining a reduced calorie, low-fat diet.
VO: That’s how alli works.
VO: With your body to help you get to your weight loss goal.
SUPER: With your body
VO: It’s also why it’s the only FDA-approved OTC weight loss aid.
SUPER: FDA-approved (with bursts)
VO: Diet, exercise, and alli. Stick with them, and steady, gradual weight loss will be yours.*
SUPER: #1 Doctor Recommended OTC Weight Loss Aid
DISCLAIMER: *Among over the counter (OTC) weight loss products, based on physician survey June 2021.
WHY alli WORKS
- alli (orlistat 60 mg capsules) works by blocking the absorption of about 25% of fat in the foods you eat.
- Since the calories associated with this unabsorbed fat are not used (1 gram of fat = 9 calories), the number of calories that enter your system is reduced.
- Clinical trials have consistently shown that alli, along with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet to be more effective than diet alone.*
- alli has been shown to significantly reduce different types of fat including abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue (ASAT), intra-abdominal adipose tissue (IAAT), total abdominal fat, and liver fat as early as 12-24 weeks of using the product.
- alli is only minimally absorbed into the bloodstream, so there are no direct effects on the cardiovascular or central nervous system. So you can take alli knowing it won’t make your heart race or cause mood swings.
- In clinical studies, most people lost 5 to 10 pounds over 6 months. Individual results may vary.
*alli (orlistat 60 mg capsules) is for weight loss in overweight adults, 18 years and older, when used along with a reduced-calorie and low-fat diet. Follow label directions.
A NOTE ABOUT FAT INTAKE
Because alli works by blocking fat, you do need to eat some fat at each meal (if there is no fat in the meal, alli capsules will have no effect). But it’s important to note that high-fat meals can increase the risk of diet-related side effects.
How to manage it all? Find balance. alli is meant to be taken three times a day with well-balanced, reduced-calorie, low-fat meals. With alli, each meal must be within your fat target to minimize the chances of diet-related side effects — generally, that’s between 12 and 18 grams of fat per meal. Find your fat target here.
alli has the tools to help you lose weight. Get started with our weight loss guide.
Start your weight loss journey with alli by reading these helpful resources.