HOW alli® WORKS
alli®, along with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet, can result in a 5% to 10% weight loss over time.
Learn more about how the product works.
VO: alli works by blocking 25% of the fat you eat from being absorbed.
Text: Cheryl, GSK Health Consultant.
Text: alli works by blocking 25% of the fat you eat from being absorbed.
VO: The active ingredient in alli is orlistat, a lipase inhibitor.
VO: It works by binding to specific enzymes, which break down fats.
Text: alli is the #1 doctor-recommended weight loss aid.
VO: As a result, while taking alli, about a quarter of the fat you eat.
Text: alli (orlistat 60 mg capsules) is for weight loss in overweight adults, 18 years and older, when used along with a reduced-calorie and low-fat diet.
Text: Follow label instructions.
VO: Will pass through your digestive system without being absorbed.
Text: Get started today with the only FDA-approved OTC weight loss aid.
Text: #1 pharmacist recommended.
Text: Use as directed.
Text: Among over the counter (OTC) weight loss products.
Text: Based on physician survey December 2018.
WHY alli® WORKS
- alli® (orlistat 60 mg capsules) works by blocking the absorption of about 25% of fat in the foods you eat.
- Since the calories associated with this unabsorbed fat are not used (1 gram of fat = 9 calories), the number of calories that enter your system is reduced.
- Clinical trials have consistently shown that alli®, along with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet to be more effective than diet alone.*
- alli® has been shown to significantly reduce different types of fat including abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue (ASAT), intra-abdominal adipose tissue (IAAT), total abdominal fat, and liver fat as early as 12-24 weeks of using the product.
- alli® is only minimally absorbed into the bloodstream, so there are no direct effects on the cardiovascular or central nervous system. So you can take alli® knowing it won’t make your heart race or cause mood swings.
- In clinical studies, most people lost 5 to 10 pounds over 6 months. Individual results may vary.
*alli® (orlistat 60 mg capsules) is for weight loss in overweight adults, 18 years and older, when used along with a reduced-calorie and low-fat diet. Follow label directions.
A NOTE ABOUT FAT INTAKE
Because alli® works by blocking fat, you do need to eat some fat at each meal (if there is no fat in the meal, alli® capsules will have no effect). But it’s important to note that high-fat meals can increase the risk of diet-related side effects.
How to manage it all? Find balance. alli® is meant to be taken three times a day with well-balanced, reduced-calorie, low-fat meals. With alli®, each meal must be within your fat target to minimize the chances of diet-related side effects — generally, that’s between 12 and 18 grams of fat per meal. Find your fat target here.
alli® has the tools to help you lose weight. Get started with our weight loss guide.
Start your weight loss journey with alli® by reading these helpful resources.