HOW alli® WORKS
alli®, along with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet, can result in a 5% to 10% weight loss over time.
Learn more about how the product works.
VO: alli® is the #1 doctor recommended OTC weight-loss aid* because it effectively works with your body to help you lose more.
SUPER: #1 doctor recommended OTC weight loss aid*
Disclaimer: *Among over the counter (OTC) weight loss products, based on physician survey December 2018.
VO: And with alli®, it’s easier than you think, especially when you know how it works.
VO: Although fat is part of a healthy diet, eating too much can cause you to gain weight.
VO: While reducing fat intake is a really important part of your weight loss journey, using alli® with a reduced calorie, low-fat diet can help you lose that much more.
VO: In fact, for every five pounds you lose with diet alone…
SUPER: Weight loss with diet alone
VO: … alli® will help you lose two to three pounds more.
SUPER: Weight loss with alli®
VO: When you eat a meal that contains fat, enzymes in your digestive system break down the fat into smaller particles that your body absorbs, resulting in weight gain.
VO: But when you take alli® before the meal…
VO: …it attaches to some of those enzymes and stops about 25 percent of the fat from being digested.
SUPER: Blocks 25% of fat
VO: This undigested fat passes out of your body naturally, so you absorb fewer calories from what you eat.
VO: alli® works only in your digestive system, but to get the best possible results, you have to do your part.
VO: That means alli®, exercise, and maintaining a reduced calorie, low-fat diet.
VO: That’s how alli® works.
VO: With your body to help you get to your weight loss goal.
SUPER: With your body
VO: It’s also why it’s the only FDA-approved OTC weight loss aid.
SUPER: FDA-approved (with bursts)
VO: Diet, exercise, and alli®. Stick with them, and steady, gradual weight loss will be yours.*
SUPER: #1 Doctor Recommended OTC Weight Loss Aid
DISCLAIMER: *Among over the counter (OTC) weight loss products, based on physician survey December 2018.
WHY alli® WORKS
- alli® (orlistat 60 mg capsules) works by blocking the absorption of about 25% of fat in the foods you eat.
- Since the calories associated with this unabsorbed fat are not used (1 gram of fat = 9 calories), the number of calories that enter your system is reduced.
- Clinical trials have consistently shown that alli®, along with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet to be more effective than diet alone.*
- alli® has been shown to significantly reduce different types of fat including abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue (ASAT), intra-abdominal adipose tissue (IAAT), total abdominal fat, and liver fat as early as 12-24 weeks of using the product.
- alli® is only minimally absorbed into the bloodstream, so there are no direct effects on the cardiovascular or central nervous system. So you can take alli® knowing it won’t make your heart race or cause mood swings.
- In clinical studies, most people lost 5 to 10 pounds over 6 months. Individual results may vary.
*alli® (orlistat 60 mg capsules) is for weight loss in overweight adults, 18 years and older, when used along with a reduced-calorie and low-fat diet. Follow label directions.
A NOTE ABOUT FAT INTAKE
Because alli® works by blocking fat, you do need to eat some fat at each meal (if there is no fat in the meal, alli® capsules will have no effect). But it’s important to note that high-fat meals can increase the risk of diet-related side effects.
How to manage it all? Find balance. alli® is meant to be taken three times a day with well-balanced, reduced-calorie, low-fat meals. With alli®, each meal must be within your fat target to minimize the chances of diet-related side effects — generally, that’s between 12 and 18 grams of fat per meal. Find your fat target here.
alli® has the tools to help you lose weight. Get started with our weight loss guide.
Start your weight loss journey with alli® by reading these helpful resources.