[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 45.6 g
Carbohydrates: 74.1 g
Sugars: 43 g
Fat: 14.6 g
Saturated Fat: 3.0 g
Fiber: 13.5 g
Sodium: 884.6 mg
Preparation: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Peel and crush garlic clove. Slice chicken breast crosswise into thin slices.
2. On a plate, mix the garlic and pepper; add the chicken strips and toss until well coated.
3. In a medium non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat.
4. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through; transfer to a clean plate.
5. Add bell peppers and 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) of stock to the skillet and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until peppers start to soften and brown.
6. Add tomatoes and 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of stock, and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until peppers are very tender.
8. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes, or until chicken is heated through and flavors are blended.
9. Serve with mixed green salad and a whole wheat roll with margarine.
10. To prepare salad, wash mixed greens and cucumber; peel and slice cucumber thinly; toss with dressing.
11. Enjoy fresh or frozen (thawed) melon balls tossed with crisp (washed) grapes for dessert.
1 garlic clove
6 oz chicken breast, boneless/skinless, raw
⅛ tsp black pepper
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
½ bell pepper, green, medium
½ red bell pepper, medium
1½ fl oz chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium
½ cup tomatoes, diced, canned
2 cups mixed salad greens
2 tbsp fat-free salad dressing, favorite flavor
1 dinner roll, whole wheat,1 oz
1 tsp margarine, canola-based, trans-fat free
1 cup cantaloupe melon balls, fresh or frozen
½ cup fresh grapes (any color)