Tasty Turkey Burger
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 48.4 g
Carbohydrates: 78.4 g
Sugars: 29.1 g
Fat: 15.0 g
Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
Fiber: 18.8 g
Sodium: 891 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Preheat broiler or start grill.
2. Combine ground turkey breast with chopped green onion, garlic powder, soy sauce, and black pepper; mix well.
3. Form into a thin patty; set aside.
4. Grill or broil turkey burger until turkey is no longer pink inside and juices run clear.
5. Place slice of cheese on burger and heat until melted. Place on hamburger bun.
6. Meanwhile, wash and trim green beans, if using fresh.
7. Steam beans in microwave or on stovetop until crisp-tender; melt margarine on top when ready to serve.
8. To prepare salad, wash lettuce greens, tomato and cucumber; chop tomato; peel and slice cucumber. Toss greens with tomato, cucumber and dressing of choice.
9. For dessert, wash or thaw raspberries (depending on whether fresh or frozen). Place in serving bowl.
10. Peel banana and slice onto raspberries; toss lightly to combine. Top with yogurt and almonds.
4 oz turkey breast, ground
1 tbsp green onion, chopped
⅛ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp soy sauce, reduced sodium
⅛ tsp black pepper
1 slice American cheese, low-fat
1 hamburger/hot dog bun, mixed grain
1 cup string beans, fresh or frozen
1 tsp margarine, canola-based, trans-fat free
1 cup mixed salad greens
½ tomato, medium
1 tbsp fat-free salad dressing, favorite flavor
1 cup raspberries
½ banana, medium
2 oz yogurt, fat-free, favorite flavor
1 tbsp almonds, slivered