South of the Border Fajita Seasoned Chicken with a Corn Tortilla
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 22.7 g
Carbohydrates: 41.0 g
Sugars: 5.3 g
Fat: 7.9 g
Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
Fiber: 9.9 g
Sodium: 425.4 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. In a large pan, heat ½ tsp. of olive oil over medium high heat. Slice chicken into strips. Add chicken to pan and brown; set aside.
2. In the same pan add onion, peppers, ½ tsp. of garlic and ⅛ tsp. of oregano. Cook until onion and peppers are soft.
3. Add chicken back to pan along with ⅛ a tsp. of the chili and onion powders, ⅛ tsp. of cumin, black pepper and a dash of cayenne pepper, if desired.
4. Stir to combine well and cook for 2 more minutes. Add ¼ cup of tomatoes to pan with fresh lime juice - stir and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve.
5. To prepare beans, start by draining them.
6. In a large skillet, heat ½ tsp. of olive oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add the green pepper, ½ tsp. of garlic, chopped jalapenos, and onions. Cook vegetables until very tender, about 6-10 minutes.
7. Once vegetables are tender, add remaining oregano, chili powder, onion powder and cumin. Then add the beans, tomatoes and broth.
8. Bring the beans to a boil over high heat. Then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until beans are thick and tomatoes are soft (10-15 minutes).
9. Serve chicken mixture with a corn tortilla and pinto beans on the side.
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 oz skinless chicken breast, raw
¼ cup onions, chopped
¼ cup bell peppers, green, sliced
¼ tbsp red bell peppers, sliced
1 tsp garlic, chopped
¼ tsp oregano, dried
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ cup tomato, chopped
1 tsp lime juice
½ cup pinto beans, canned
2 tbsp bell pepper, green, chopped
1 tsp chili peppers, jalapeno, fresh, sliced
2 tbsp onion, chopped
2 tbsp broth, chicken, low sodium, canned
1 corn tortilla, 6-inch