Sesame Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 26.1 g
Carbohydrates: 93.1 g
Sugars: 35.0 g
Fat: 14.5 g
Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
Fiber: 8.4 g
Sodium: 719.1 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Toss tofu with sesame seeds and teriyaki sauce and set aside to marinate.
2. Cook pasta per package direction. Drain and set aside.
3. Place broccoli and carrots in a non-stick pan; when almost tender add water chestnuts. Continue to stir fry until the water chestnuts are heated through. Season as desired with pepper or your favorite salt-free herb seasoning.
4. Heat sesame oil in a separate non-stick pan. Place tofu in pan and stir fry until it begins to brown.
5. Place pasta on a plate; top with tofu and vegetables.
6. Enjoy mandarin oranges mixed with dried cranberries for dessert.
7. Serve the meal with your favorite calorie-free beverage.
¾ cup tofu, cubed
1½ tsp sesame seeds
3 tbsp teriyaki sauce, lite
2 oz pasta, penne rigate, uncooked
¼ cup broccoli florets, fresh
¼ cup carrot, chopped
⅛ cup water chestnuts, canned, sliced
1 tsp sesame oil
1 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice, drained
1 tbsp cranberries, dried, sweetened