Seasoned American Goulash with a Side of Mixed Vegetables
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 39.7 g
Carbohydrates: 76.9 g
Sugars: 23.1 g
Fat: 14.9 g
Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
Fiber: 13.2 g
Sodium: 384.3 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Prepare macaroni and mixed vegetables according to package directions.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet lightly coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Sauté onions until translucent.
3. Add beef and cook until no longer pink.
4. Drain all liquids off mixture and then add chili powder, pepper and sugar.
5. Add tomato sauce and drained diced tomatoes to beef mixture.
6. Add vegetable juice and macaroni. Mix until well blended.
7. Serve goulash with mixed vegetables on the side.
8. Enjoy apple slices spread with peanut butter for dessert.
1½ oz pasta, elbow
¾ cup frozen mixed vegetables
2 tbsp onion, chopped
4 oz ground beef, lean, 5% fat
⅛ tsp chili powder
⅛ tsp black pepper
⅛ tsp sugar
2 tbsp tomato sauce, no added salt
¼ cup tomatoes, diced, canned
2 tbsp juice, vegetable, canned
1 cup apples, fresh, sliced
1 tbsp peanut butter