Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Barley Pilaf and Roasted Mixed Vegetables
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 41.8 g
Carbohydrates: 75.5 g
Sugars: 23.9 g
Fat: 12.6 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 13.4 g
Sodium: 259.5 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. PLEASE NOTE: This recipe requires 2-3 hours of marinating that is not reflected in the prep time.
2. Combine 1/2 tsp. of olive oil, lime juice, thyme and 1/8 tsp. of pepper to make marinade.
3. Roll pork loin in marinade and thoroughly coat. Allow pork loin to marinate, preferably overnight or at least 2-3 hours, in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat oven to 325°F.
5. To prepare the roasted vegetables, combine all cut vegetables, beans and spices in a large bowl. Add 1/2 tsp. of olive oil and combine evenly.
6. Lay out mixture on a cookie sheet. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, until cooked and slightly brown on edges.
7. Remove pork from marinade and place on a sheet pan lightly coated with cooking spray. Place pork in oven as well and cook for 20-25 minutes.
8. In the meantime, heat 1/2 tsp. of oil over medium heat in a heavy pan. Add barley and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. The barley will start to brown and give off a nutty aroma.
9. Add green onions to barley and stir. Cook for 2 minutes. Next, add mushrooms; stir in well. Cook until mushrooms begin to wilt.
10. Add the chicken broth and 1/4 tsp. of pepper. Stir well.
11. Turn down heat to simmer and cover. Continue to cook until all liquid is absorbed.
12. Serve pork with a side of barley pilaf and roasted vegetables.
13. Complement meal with grapes for dessert.
1½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp lime juice
⅛ tsp thyme, ground
¼ tsp black pepper
5 oz pork tenderloin, lean
¼ cup bell pepper, green, chopped
2 tbsp bell pepper, red, chopped
¼ cup onion, chopped
2 tbsp carrot, chopped
3 tbsp beans, garbanzo, canned
⅛ tsp garlic powder
⅛ tsp red chili pepper flakes, crushed
½ tsp garlic, chopped
1½ oz barley, pearl or whole, uncooked
2 tbsp onion, green, chopped
¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
⅓ cup broth, chicken, low sodium, canned
¾ cup grapes, seedless