Pork Tenderloin with Barley Pilaf and a Side of Green Beans
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 42.1 g
Carbohydrates: 79.3 g
Sugars: 34.4 g
Fat: 12.2 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 13.7 g
Sodium: 135.4 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. PLEASE NOTE: This recipe requires 2-3 hours of refrigeration that is not reflected in the prep time.
2. Combine 1 tsp. of olive oil, lime juice, thyme and ⅛ tsp. of pepper to make marinade.
3. Roll pork loin in marinade and thoroughly coat. Allow pork loin to marinate, preferably overnight or at least 2-3 hours, in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat oven to 325°F.
5. Remove pork from marinade and place on a sheet pan lightly coated with cooking spray. Place pork in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
6. While pork is cooking, prepare barley pilaf. Add ½ tsp. of olive oil, peppers and onions to saucepan and sauté over medium heat until onions are translucent.
7. Add the chicken broth and barley to mixture in saucepan. Continue to cook until all liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
8. Serve pork with barley pilaf and green beans on the side.
9. Enjoy pineapple chunks for dessert.
1 ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp lime juice
⅛ tsp thyme, ground
¼ tsp black pepper
5 ½ oz pork tenderloin, lean
2 tbsp bell pepper, red, chopped
¼ cup onion, chopped
⅓ cup broth, chicken, low sodium, canned
1 ½ oz barley, pearl or whole, uncooked
¾ cup green beans, cooked
1 cup pineapple chunks, canned in juice