Pork Ragout and Steamed Carrots with a Side of Wheat Bread
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 23.5 g
Carbohydrates: 29.1 g
Sugars: 8.8 g
Fat: 7.9 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Fiber: 6.5 g
Sodium: 271.1 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Dice pork into 1 inch cubes.
2. Combine rice flour, oregano, basil, pepper and pork pieces. Toss to coat. Set aside.
3. In a large pan, heat half of olive oil over medium heat. Then add celery, onion, zucchini, tomatoes and green pepper. Cook until vegetables are soft.
4. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Transfer ingredients into another container.
5. Add remaining oil to pan and heat. Add breaded pork and brown on all sides.
6. Stir back in vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally.
8. Remove from heat when pork is no longer pink.
9. To prepare carrots, place in a microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle with water; cover and microwave on High for about 4-5 minutes until tender.
10. Serve pork ragout with carrots and whole wheat bread.
3 oz pork tenderloin, lean
½ tbsp flour, rice, brown
⅛ tsp oregano, dried
⅛ tsp basil, dried
⅛ tsp black pepper
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp celery, fresh, diced
2 tbsp onion, chopped
2 tbsp squash, yellow zucchini
2 tbsp tomatoes chopped
2 tbsp bell pepper, green, chopped
½ tsp garlic, chopped
10 baby carrots
1 piece bread, whole wheat