Pork Fried Rice with Asian Blend Vegetables
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 44.6 g
Carbohydrates: 71.8 g
Sugars: 11.5 g
Fat: 13.4 g
Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
Fiber: 7.6 g
Sodium: 1450.4 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. In a small nonstick pan, quickly scramble the eggs until cooked through. Remove from heat and chop into small pieces.
2. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the peas and carrots, cook for 6-8 minutes or until carrots are soft and tender. Have an ice water bath prepared, drain the peas and carrots and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process.
3. Drain the vegetables again and combine with prepared rice and eggs in a bowl; set aside.
4. Cut pork into small strips. Combine pork strips with 1 tsp. of hoisin sauce plus the soy sauce, garlic, green onions and ginger.
5. Mix until pork is coated evenly. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Once the oil is hot, add the pork and cook until it is browned and cooked through.
6. Add the rice mixture and remaining hoisin sauce to the pan, stirring to combine. Cook an additional minute to heat through.
7. Prepare frozen vegetables according to package directions.
8. Serve pork fried rice with vegetables on the side.
¼ cup liquid-egg substitute
⅓ cup peas and carrots, frozen
1 cup rice, white, long grain, cooked
4½ oz pork tenderloin, lean
2 tsp sauce, hoisin
1 tsp soy sauce, reduced sodium
½ tsp garlic, chopped
2 tbsp onions, green
⅛ tsp ginger, ground
½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup vegetables, Japanese style, stir fry, fzn