Poached Egg and Toast
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 17.3 g
Carbohydrates: 36.3 g
Sugars: 25.7 g
Fat: 9.9 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 2.6 g
Sodium: 322.6 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Lightly coat a small saucepan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add enough water to fill the pan halfway.
3. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer (bubbles should begin to break the surface of the water).
4. Break egg into a measuring cup.
5. Carefully slide egg into simmering water, holding the lip of the cup as close to the water as possible.
6. Simmer egg, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or to desired doneness.
7. Remove egg with a slotted spoon.
8. While egg is cooking, toast bread then spread with margarine.
9. Serve poached egg with toast and grapefruit sections.
10. Enjoy with milk, either served cold or heated with decaffeinated coffee or tea.
1 egg, large
1 slice bread, whole wheat
1 tsp margarine, canola-based, trans-fat free
⅔ cup grapefruit sections, with juice
6 fl oz milk, fat-free