Oven Roasted Turkey with Savory Sweet Potatoes and Mixed Garden Vegetables
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 43.7 g
Carbohydrates: 70.1 g
Sugars: 28.1 g
Fat: 14.8 g
Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
Fiber: 13.7 g
Sodium: 487.4 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Combine sweet potatoes with onion, red pepper, garlic, parsley, salt, ⅛ tsp. of pepper, paprika, and olive oil. Place mixture on a cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until tender.
3. Rub turkey with garlic, remaining black pepper and any other spices of your choice.
4. Place in a shallow baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and bake for about 20 minutes, until turkey is no longer pink.
5. Serve turkey with a side of sweet potatoes and cooked mixed vegetables.
6. Complement meal with cranberries and sunflower seeds.
1 cup sweet potatoes, dark orange, fresh, cubes
¼ cup onion, chopped
¼ cup bell pepper, red, chopped
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1 tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
⅛ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
⅛ tsp paprika
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
5 oz turkey, breast, skinless, raw
⅛ tsp garlic powder
¾ cup frozen mixed vegetables
1 tbsp sunflower seeds, hulled, dry roasted, unsalted
2½ tbsp dried sweetened cranberries