Oven-Roasted Turkey Breast with Gravy, Green Bean Casserole and Wild Rice Salad
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 56.8 g
Carbohydrates: 70.8 g
Sugars: 23.1 g
Fat: 14.7 g
Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
Fiber: 10.8 g
Sodium: 588.5 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Rub turkey with half of garlic powder, half of black pepper and any other spices of your choice.
3. Place in a shallow baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and bake for about 20 minutes, until turkey is no longer pink.
4. To prepare green bean casserole, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until they just start to get tender, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, combine, onions, garlic, mushrooms, soup, cheese, onion powder, remaining pepper and garlic powder, chicken broth and paprika. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed. Add green beans to mixture.
6. Place the bean mixture in a small baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and the sauce is thick.
7. For wild rice salad, bring water to a boil and add rice. Return to boil and cover. Turn down to simmer until water is absorbed.
8. Sauté zucchini and peppers in dressing until veggies are cooked.
9. Once rice is cooked, combine all ingredients.
10. Top turkey with heated gravy and serve with wild rice salad and green been casserole on the side.
11. Complement meal with an apple.
6 oz turkey, breast, skinless, raw
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp onion, chopped
½ tsp garlic, chopped
¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
3 tbsp cream of mushroom soup, condensed, canned
2 tbsp cheddar cheese, low-fat
⅛ tsp onion powder
2 tbsp broth, chicken, low sodium, canned
⅛ tsp paprika
¾ cup green beans, cooked
½ cup water
½ cup rice, wild, dry
¼ cup zucchini, fresh, sliced
2 tbsp bell pepper, red, chopped
2 tbsp peppers, yellow, fresh, chopped
1 ½ tbsp Italian dressing, low-calorie, low-sodium
1 tbsp gravy, brown, classic, prep w/water f/dry mix
1 apple, medium