Oven Roasted Turkey Breast with Cranberry Wild Rice Salad
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 59.5 g
Carbohydrates: 57.4 g
Sugars: 24.0 g
Fat: 13.4 g
Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
Fiber: 4.8 g
Sodium: 233.4 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Rub turkey with garlic, black pepper and any other spices of your choice.
3. Place in a shallow baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and bake for about 20 minutes, until turkey is no longer pink.
4. In a non-stick skillet, heat olive oil at medium-high heat. Cook onion and celery until tender but not brown.
5. Add rice and seasoning. Sauté for 1-2 minutes while stirring. Add water.
6. Bring to a boil. Cover tightly and cook over low heat until all liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
7. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
8. Serve turkey breast with a side of wild rice.
9. Complement meal with a glass of milk.
6 oz turkey, breast, skinless, raw
⅛ tsp garlic powder
⅛ tsp black pepper
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup onion, chopped
2 tbsp celery, fresh, diced
¼ cup rice, wild, dry
⅛ tsp seasoning, mild, dry mix
½ cup water
1 ½ tbsp walnuts, chopped
1 ½ tbsp dried sweetened cranberries
8 fl oz milk, fat-free