Oriental Noodles and Edamame
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 26.4 g
Carbohydrates: 91.3 g
Sugars: 13.8 g
Fat: 15.4 g
Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
Fiber: 10.3 g
Sodium: 295 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding pea pods to boiling water during the last minute of cooking time.
2. Meanwhile, stir together sesame oil, soy sauce and ginger in a medium to large serving bowl.
3. Thaw edamame (soy beans), wash and chop onions, and add both to the bowl.
4. When pasta and peas are done cooking, drain well and toss with the beans and sauce. Sprinkle with cashews. Serve immediately.
5. Enjoy mandarin oranges for dessert.
3 oz spaghetti, dry
3 oz snow pea pods, fresh or frozen
1½ tsp sesame oil
½ tbsp oy sauce, reduced sodium
⅛ tsp ginger, fresh, chopped
½ cup soybeans, green (edamame), frozen
2 tbsp green onion, chopped
1 tsp cashews, dry roasted, unsalted
½ cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice, drained