[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 16.7 g
Carbohydrates: 43.1 g
Sugars: 3.2 g
Fat: 9.7 g
Saturated Fat: 5.5 g
Fiber: 6.5 g
Sodium: 382.3 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Wash mushroom and onion; peel onion. Chop mushroom and onion.
2. Preheat broiler (toaster oven or regular oven).
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add chopped mushroom and onion to skillet.
5. Sauté a few minutes, or until onion is crisp tender and mushrooms are soft.
6. Remove from heat and spoon mushroom mixture evenly on top of pita.
7. Sprinkle with any sodium-free herbs of choice, such as garlic powder, basil or oregano.
8. Place cheese on top of mushroom mixture and broil 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese melts.
9. Cut into quarters and serve immediately.
1 portabella mushroom
¼ onion, yellow
½ tsp unsalted butter
1 pita, whole-wheat, large
1 oz Swiss cheese, reduced-fat, low-sodium