Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 34.2 g
Carbohydrates: 86.8 g
Sugars: 34.8 g
Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
Fiber: 11.5 g
Sodium: 826.7 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Wash and chop onions. Defrost broccoli, if using frozen, or wash broccoli, if using fresh.
2. Heat the olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft.
3. Stir in flour, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add milk gradually while continuing to stir. Reduce heat to low and add uncooked pasta.
5. Cover saucepan and simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in broccoli and continue to simmer for 3 to 4 more minutes, or until pasta is done.
7. Remove from heat and add shredded cheese, gently stirring until cheese is melted.
8. Pour mixture into a small casserole dish, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
9. Serve macaroni and cheese with raw carrots.
10. Enjoy fresh (washed) or frozen (thawed) blueberries topped with yogurt and almonds for dessert.
2 tbsp green onion, chopped
½ cup broccoli, chopped, frozen
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp flour, all-purpose
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
6 fl oz milk, fat-free
1½ oz small pasta shells, uncooked
2 oz cheddar cheese, low-fat
8 baby carrots
1 cup blueberries
2 oz yogurt, fat-free, favorite flavor
1 tbsp almonds, slivered