Lime Shrimp with Couscous
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 34.4 g
Carbohydrates: 86.3 g
Sugars: 17.0 g
Fat: 14.1 g
Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
Fiber: 10.1 g
Sodium: 272.2 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Place peeled and de-veined shrimp in a large zip-lock bag with lime juice; sprinkle with garlic powder.
2. Close bag and shake to ensure that all fish is covered with juice and garlic powder.
3. Peel and mince garlic.
4. Heat 2 tsp. of the margarine in a medium, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and sauté a few minutes, stirring.
5. Add shrimp to skillet. Cook, stirring, until opaque but not rubbery.
6. Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions and steam green beans in microwave on high setting.
7. Fluff couscous with a fork and season with sodium-free herbs of choice such as parsley, black pepper or curry powder.
8. Drain beans and toss with remaining 1 tsp. of margarine until melted.
9. Enjoy a fresh banana for dessert.
4 oz (US or Canada) shrimp, uncooked
2 tbsp lime juice
⅛ tsp garlic powder
3 tsp margarine, canola-based, trans-fat free
1 garlic clove
⅓ cup couscous, dry
1 cup green beans, cooked
1 banana, medium