Lemony Fish, Broccoli and Rice
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 54.0 g
Carbohydrates: 72.7 g
Sugars: 16.6 g
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
Fiber: 7.2 g
Sodium: 579.6 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Prepare rice according to package directions, replacing 4 ounces ( ½ cup) of the water with chicken stock.
2. Wash lemon and grate ¼ teaspoon of the peel for lemon zest.
3. When rice is done cooking, stir in lemon zest, butter and almonds.
4. Meanwhile, prepare fish. First preheat oven to 450°F. Spray broiler-rack pan with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Sprinkle fish with lemon pepper and drizzle with ½ teaspoon of fresh lemon juice (squeeze lemon).
6. Place fish on prepared rack in broiler pan and bake uncovered for about 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
7. Steamed broccoli may be prepared while rice and fish are cooking. Wash and trim broccoli spears.
8. Steam broccoli on stovetop or in microwave on high setting until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice prior to serving.
9. Sprinkle fish with parsley, and serve with almond rice, steamed broccoli, and a glass of cold milk.
⅓ cup brown rice, uncooked
4 fl oz chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium
1 tsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp almonds, slivered
6 oz cod, raw
¾ tsp lemon pepper seasoning
4 broccoli spears, raw
¼ tsp parsley, dried
8 fl oz milk, fat-free