Lemony Asparagus and Penne Pasta
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 17.9 g
Carbohydrates: 104.3 g
Sugars: 40.7 g
Fat: 15.3 g
Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
Fiber: 8.2 g
Sodium: 386.9 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Bring a large covered saucepan of water to boil over high heat. Wash and trim asparagus and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces.
2. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions for al dente, adding the asparagus about 3 minutes before the pasta is done.
3. Drain pasta and asparagus in a colander, cool under cold running water, and drain again. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vegetable broth, oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and pepper.
5. Add the pasta and asparagus to the dressing, and toss to coat well. Sprinkle cheese and onions over pasta mixture.
6. Serve with dinner roll topped with light buttery spread.
7. Enjoy grapes for dessert.
3 oz asparagus spears, fresh or frozen
2 oz pasta, penne rigate, uncooked
½ tbsp mayonnaise, fat free
½ tbsp vegetable broth, low sodium
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp lemon juice
½ tsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp garlic, chopped
⅛ tsp black pepper
2 tbsp cheese, sharp cheddar, shredded
2 tbsp green onion, chopped
1 dinner roll, whole wheat, 1 oz
2 tsp spread, buttery, low-fat
1½ cups grapes, seedless, fresh