Lemon Salmon with Olives
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 47.6 g
Carbohydrates: 76.9 g
Sugars: 10.9 g
Fat: 12.8 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 11.7 g
Sodium: 927.6 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare rice according to package directions, replacing 4 ounces of the water (1/2 cup) with vegetable broth.
2. Meanwhile, place salmon on foil-lined baking sheet.
3. Cut lemon half into 1/3-inch slices; cut olives into 1/4-inch slices.
4. Place lemon and olive slices over salmon. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper to taste.
5. Pull up the sides of the foil and add 2 tbsp. of water. Cover with foil, folding edges together, and seal edges securely.
6. Cook salmon for 8 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easiliy with fork.
7. While salmon is cooking, trim and steam asparagus spears in microwave or on stovetop until crisp-tender.
8. Serve salmon, rice and asparagus with a crisp salad.
9. To prepare salad, wash and chop lettuce greens and tomato; toss with dressing and sunflower seeds.
⅓ cup brown rice, uncooked
4 fl oz vegetable broth, low sodium, fat free
6 oz wild Alaskan or Washington salmon, fresh
3 olives, green, stuffed
⅛ tsp black pepper
12 asparagus spears, fresh
2 cups mixed salad greens
½ tomato, medium
2 tbsp fat-free salad dressing, favorite flavor
2 tsp sunflower seeds, hulled, dry roasted, unsalted