Kung Pao Chicken with Brown Rice
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 40.2 g
Carbohydrates: 74.0 g
Sugars: 32.3 g
Fat: 14.9 g
Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
Fiber: 6.4 g
Sodium: 514.5 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce and all spices. Set aside.
2. Heat sesame oil on a nonstick skillet over high heat. Add diced chicken to pan.
3. Cook until lightly browned and remove from heat, keeping warm.
4. In same pan, sauté the onions, peppers, minced ginger, and garlic until onions become soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add the soy sauce mix to the pan of vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
5. Combine the chicken and peanuts in large bowl. Pour the soy sauce mix over chicken meat and peanuts. Combine all together evenly. Serve over a bed of cooked brown rice.
6. Enjoy mandarin oranges for dessert.
½ tbsp soy sauce, reduced sodium
½ tbsp sauce, hoisin
⅛ tsp Chinese five spice, powdered
⅛ tsp black pepper
⅛ tsp red chili pepper flakes, crushed
1 ½ tsp sesame oil
5 oz skinless chicken breast, raw
3 tbsp onion, chopped
1 tbsp green onion, chopped
2 tbsp bell pepper, red, chopped
1 tsp ginger, fresh, chopped
½ tsp garlic, chopped
1 tbsp peanuts, dry roasted
¾ cup brown rice, cooked
¾ cup mandarin oranges, canned in light syrup