Jamaican Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Quinoa Pilaf and Vegetables
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 40.4 g
Carbohydrates: 74.3 g
Sugars: 23.1 g
Fat: 14.0 g
Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
Fiber: 11.4 g
Sodium: 581.1 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. PLEASE NOTE: This recipe requires at least 1 hour of refrigeration that is not reflected in the prep time.
2. Combine seasoning and 1/2 tsp. of oil and rub over pork. Allow to marinate preferably overnight in refrigerator or at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 325°F.
4. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; place marinated pork loin on baking sheet. Cook in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
5. To prepare quinoa, thoroughly rinse grains in mesh colander and drain.
6. Heat 1/2 tsp. of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté garlic, 2 Tbsp. of onions and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes. Set vegetables aside in a small bowl.
7. In same saucepan, add quinoa and stir grains for 1-2 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil; lower heat to a simmer; cover and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until all water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked.
8. Stir in vegetable mixture, heating 2-3 more minutes until heated through.
9. Start black beans by heating 1/2 tsp. of olive oil in a sauce pan. Add remaining onions, carrots, green onion, peppers, tomato, cumin, 1/8 tsp. of black pepper and oregano and sauté; 4-5 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
10. Remove from heat and combine with drained black beans.
11. Serve jerk pork with quinoa and black beans with vegetables.
12. Complement meal with a fruit cocktail for dessert.
1 tsp Caribbean jerk seasoning
1 ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
4 ½ oz pork tenderloin, lean
⅓ cup quinoa
½ tsp garlic, chopped
3 tbsp onion, chopped
2 tbsp mushrooms, sliced
⅔ cup water
2 tbsp carrot, chopped
¼ cup black beans, canned/cooked
1 tbsp onion, green, chopped
2 tbsp bell pepper, green, chopped
1 tbsp red bell pepper, cut in strips
1 tbsp tomatoes, diced, unsalted, canned
⅛ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp black pepper
⅛ tsp oregano, dried
¾ cup fruit cocktail, canned in juice