Italian Fish Stew
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 47.6 g
Carbohydrates: 73.5 g
Sugars: 21.3 g
Fat: 12.5 g
Saturated Fat: 2.0 g
Fiber: 11.1 g
Sodium: 826.6 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Cut fish into bite-size nuggets. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
2. Wash vegetables. Peel and slice onion; trim and chop celery; chop mushrooms; slice green pepper; and mince garlic.
3. Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or stew pot, and sauté vegetables over medium-high heat until crisp-tender.
4. Reduce heat and place fish nuggets on top of vegetables.
5. Pour spaghetti sauce on top of fish, and sprinkle with freshly chopped basil.
6. Simmer over low heat until fish flakes easily with fork, approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Do not stir, as this will break up the fish.
7. While stew is cooking, prepare pasta according to package directions. Serve stew over cooked pasta.
8. For tossed salad, wash and chop lettuce and tomato. Toss with dressing and sunflower seeds.
6 oz cod, raw
⅛ tsp salt
⅛ tsp black pepper
½ onion, yellow
½ celery stalk, medium
6 mushrooms, medium, fresh
½ bell pepper, green, medium
1 garlic clove
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
⅓ cup spaghetti sauce, reduced sodium
3 basil leaves
1 ½ oz small pasta shells, uncooked
2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
½ tomato, medium
2 tbsp fat-free salad dressing, favorite flavor
2 tsp sunflower seeds, hulled, dry roasted, unsalted