Hoisin Glazed Chicken with Couscous, Potatoes and Vegetables
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 45.3 g
Carbohydrates: 68.8 g
Sugars: 4.0 g
Fat: 12.6 g
Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
Fiber: 5.4 g
Sodium: 817.8 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Rub chicken breast with 1 tsp. of olive oil and season with black pepper and salt to taste.
3. Coat a shallow baking pan with cooking spray, place chicken on pan and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
4. Add remaining oil to a saucepan and heat to medium high. Add minced garlic, chopped ginger and green onion; sauté 1-2 minutes.
5. Add in lemon juice and white wine and deglaze saucepan; then add hoisin and soy sauces, Brown Sugar Twin and cilantro; stir well and bring to a simmer.
6. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with cold water to dissolve. Add to saucepan; bring to a simmer again; cook until thickened and remove from heat. Top cooked chicken with sauce.
7. In a small pot, bring chicken broth to a boil. Measure couscous into a bowl. Pour boiling broth into bowl and stir to combine.
8. Cover with foil for 5-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork before serving.
9. Prepare vegetables according to package directions.
10. Serve chicken with couscous and vegetables on the side.
5 oz skinless chicken breast, raw
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
⅛ tsp black pepper
⅛ tsp salt
1 tsp garlic, chopped
¼ tsp ginger, fresh, chopped
2 tbsp onion, green, chopped
½ tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp sauce, hoisin
1 tsp soy sauce, reduced sodium
1 tsp Sugar Twin-Brown sugar
¼ tsp fresh cilantro
½ tsp cornstarch
½ cup broth, chicken, low sodium, canned
⅓ cup couscous, dry
1¼ cups vegetables, baby potatoes & veg blend, frozen