Herbed Shrimp Sauté
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 41.0 g
Carbohydrates: 79.5 g
Sugars: 26.1 g
Fat: 13.2 g
Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
Fiber: 9.6 g
Sodium: 767.5 mg
Preparation: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Cook rice with water according to package directions.
2. Wash and finely chop fresh parsley and rosemary; wash and mince garlic.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the garlic, parsley, rosemary, thyme and 1/2 tsp. of the olive oil; set aside for 15 minutes (salad may be prepared during this time).
4. Place the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oil in a medium non-stick skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
5. Add the shrimp along with the sauce. Sauté, stirring constantly, until shrimp are cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Place shrimp over bed of hot cooked rice and keep warm.
7. Add the lemon juice and 1 ounce (about 2 tablespoons) of the broth to the skillet, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet.
8. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until reduced by half.
9. Add the margarine and continue to cook until melted. Pour sauce over shrimp and rice, and serve hot; season with pepper.
10. Serve with steamed broccoli and a crisp salad.
11. For broccoli, steam in microwave or on stove-top in remaining 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of vegetable broth.
12. For salad, wash and chop lettuce and tomato. Toss with dressing.
13. Enjoy fresh or frozen (thawed) melon balls topped with yogurt for dessert.
¼ cup brown rice, uncooked
1 tsp parsley, fresh, chopped
1 tsp rosemary, fresh
1 garlic clove
5 oz (US or Canada) shrimp, uncooked
¼ tsp thyme, ground
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
2 fl oz vegetable broth, low sodium, fat free
1 tsp margarine, canola-based, trans-fat free
⅛ tsp black pepper
½ cup broccoli, chopped, frozen
2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
½ tomato, medium
2 tbsp fat-free salad dressing, favorite flavor
1 cup cantaloupe melon balls, fresh or frozen
2 oz yogurt, fat-free, favorite flavor