Herbed Salmon with Citrus Sauce
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 43.2 g
Carbohydrates: 73.0 g
Sugars: 29.5 g
Fat: 13.0 g
Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
Fiber: 11.6 g
Sodium: 704.1 mg
Preparation: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. To prepare the sauce: In a glass jar, combine the orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, and cayenne. Wash and finely mince the onion, ginger, basil, mint, and parsley.
2. Add the onion and ginger to the glass jar. Add half of the basil, mint, and parsley to the jar.
3. Cover the jar with a tightly-fitting lid, and shake well.
4. Mix remaining herbs together in a small bowl and set aside.
5. To grill the salmon, first lightly oil the grill rack with non-stick cooking spray, then preheat the grill.
6. Baste both sides of the salmon with the sauce.
7. Grill, brushing frequently with the sauce, until fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fish.
8. While the salmon is cooking, prepare sweet potato and tossed salad.
9. Wash sweet potato then pierce several times with a fork. Wrap in a paper towel and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Serve with margarine.
10. Prepare a tossed with washed lettuce greens and your favorite chopped vegetables. Toss with dressing and sprinkle with sunflower seeds before serving.
11. When salmon is done cooking, transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with reserved herbs. Serve with sweet potato and tossed salad.
12. Enjoy a fresh pear for dessert.
1 tbsp orange juice
¾ tsp balsamic vinegar
¾ tsp soy sauce, reduced sodium
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
1 ½ tsp green onion, chopped
¾ tsp ginger root, fresh
1 basil leaf
1 mint leaf
½ tsp fresh parsley
6 oz wild Alaskan or Washington salmon, fresh
1 sweet potato, raw
1 tsp margarine, canola-based, trans-fat free
2 cups tossed green salad
2 tbsp fat-free salad dressing, favorite flavor
2 tsp sunflower seeds, hulled, dry roasted, unsalted