Garbanzo Bean Pita Sandwich
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 11.2 g
Carbohydrates: 42 g
Sugars: 6.8 g
Fat: 10.1 g
Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
Fiber: 8.9 g
Sodium: 353.6 mg
Preparation: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Wash onion, parsley, cucumber, lettuce, and tomato.
2. Chop onion and parsley finely; slice cucumber; and chop tomato. Set aside.
3. Place drained garbanzo beans, 1 tablespoon of water, parsley, walnuts, onion, olive oil, and garlic powder in a food processor or blender.
4. Cover and process until smooth, adding more water if necessary.
5. Line the inside of the pita half with the lettuce leaf.
6. Spoon the prepared bean spread into the pita; add the cucumber and tomato.
7. Drizzle with dressing of choice (ranch works best).
8. Enjoy satisfying sandwich with a glass of cold water or other calorie-free, decaffeinated beverage.
1 tsp green onion, chopped
1 tsp parsley, fresh, chopped
1 lettuce leaf
¼ tomato, medium
⅓ cup garbanzo beans (cooked or canned without salt)
2 tsp walnuts, chopped
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
⅛ tsp garlic powder
½ pita, whole-wheat, large
1 tbsp fat-free salad dressing, favorite flavor