Curried Scallops with Spinach
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 40.7 g
Carbohydrates: 76.4 g
Sugars: 28.1 g
Fat: 14.7 g
Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
Fiber: 5.8 g
Sodium: 383.3 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
2. In a small skillet, melt margarine over medium-low heat.
3. Add the onion (washed and chopped) to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until it starts to soften, about 3 minutes.
4. Stir in curry powder and cook for 1 minute more.
5. Transfer the onion mixture to a blender or food processor and add the tomato paste, broth and evaporated milk.
6. Purée until smooth. Return the sauce to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
7. Stir in the spinach (washed and chopped) and scallops.
8. Simmer, covered, until the scallops are just done, 3 to 5 minutes.
9. Toss pasta with olive oil and drained tomatoes, and serve with scallops and spinach.
10. Enjoy drained pineapple topped with cottage cheese for dessert.
2 oz rotini pasta noodles, whole wheat, uncooked
2 tsp margarine, canola-based, trans-fat free
2 tbsp green onion, chopped
¼ tsp curry powder
1 tsp tomato paste, canned, low sodium
1 tbsp chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium
2 tbsp evaporated skim milk, canned
½ cup spinach, fresh, chopped
4 oz scallops, fresh
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
½ cup canned tomatoes, diced, no added salt
½ cup pineapple chunks, canned in juice
⅓ cup cottage cheese, low-fat, low-sodium