Chicken and Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce, Served with Asparagus
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 47.7 g
Carbohydrates: 78.5 g
Sugars: 7.3 g
Fat: 14.2 g
Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
Fiber: 11.7 g
Sodium: 1509 mg
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. In an oven safe pan add shallots and ½ of the olive oil. Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes or until the shallots start to become golden brown and soft.
3. In the meantime, cook pasta according to package directions.
4. While pasta cooks, dice chicken strips. Add to marinara sauce and heat. Pour sauce over pasta.
5. Once shallots are done, remove and place in a small bowl.
6. Add remaining olive oil, basil, and spices. Combine shallot mixture and pour over asparagus before serving.
7. Serve pasta and chicken with asparagus and roasted shallots on the side.
⅔ cup shallots, chopped, fresh
½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 oz pasta, spaghetti, whole wheat, dry
5 oz grilled chicken breast strips
½ cup spaghetti sauce, jarred or canned
⅛ tsp basil, dried
⅛ tsp onion powder
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper, ground
⅛ tsp thyme, ground
⅛ tsp salt
¾ cup asparagus, cooked, drained