Broiled Fish Kabobs
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 46.5 g
Carbohydrates: 77.4 g
Sugars: 25.4 g
Fat: 13.4 g
Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
Fiber: 8.9 g
Sodium: 774.6 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
Please note that this recipe requires two hours of marinating time, which is not reflected in the preparation time.
1. Cut fish fillet into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix lime juice, oil, 1 tsp. of cilantro (washed and chopped), salt, garlic (minced), and jalapeno (chopped).
3. Gently stir in fish pieces. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove fish, reserving marinade.
4. Prepare rice with water according to package directions; stir in remaining 2 tsp. of freshly chopped cilantro when ready to serve.
5. Meanwhile, wash zucchini and slice into ½-inch slices; wash bell pepper and cut into 1-inch pieces.
6. Set aside any remaining vegetables for salad.
7. Thread fish, pineapple chunks, zucchini and bell pepper alternately on an 11-inch metal skewer, leaving space between each.
8. Place skewer on rack in broiler pan and brush with reserved marinade.
9. Set oven to broil. Broil kabob approximately 3 inches away from heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning kabob after 4 minutes and brushing with marinade.
10. For salad, wash and chop lettuce. Toss with any remaining zucchini and bell pepper, sunflower seeds, and dressing.
11. Serve kabob over bed of hot rice with tossed salad on the side.
6 oz tuna fillets, uncooked
4 tsp lime juice
1 ½ tsp canola oil
3 tsp fresh cilantro
⅛ tsp salt
1 garlic clove
3 slices jalapeños
¼ cup brown rice, uncooked
1 cup zucchini, fresh, sliced
½ red bell pepper, medium
½ cup pineapple chunks, canned in juice
2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
2 tbsp fat-free salad dressing, favorite flavor
2 tsp sunflower seeds, hulled, dry roasted, unsalted