Bourbon Pork Tenderloin Served with Cheesy Vegetable Rice and Sauteed Julienne Carrots
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 45.9 g
Carbohydrates: 68.1 g
Sugars: 19.0 g
Fat: 11.4 g
Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
Fiber: 7.9 g
Sodium: 740.5 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
PLEASE NOTE: This recipe requires 4-6 hours of marinating that is not reflected in the prep time.
1. Combine ⅛ tsp. of pepper, mustard, Bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Place pork in marinade and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F
3. Remove pork from marinade and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
4. Steam the spinach until it has thawed. Drain and set aside.
5. Chop 2 tbsp. of carrots and reserve the rest.
6. Lightly coat a nonstick pot with cooking spray and heat on high. Add the 2 tbsp. of carrots, onions, celery and garlic. Cook until the onions are soft and transparent and carrots are tender, about 4-6 minutes.
7. Add the rice, tomatoes, and onion powder. You may also add a dash of paprika, cayenne and/or black pepper to taste if desired. Stir to combine and cook for an additional minute.
8. Add the water to the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the rice is soft and tender. Stir in the spinach and cheese to the pot. Stir constantly until the cheese is evenly mixed into the rice, making sure not to overcook the rice.
9. For julienne carrots, heat olive oil in a nonstick skilet over medium-high heat. Add remaining carrots and italian seasoning; sauté for 5-6 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove from heat and serve with pork and rice.
10. Complement meal with strawberries for dessert.
⅛ tsp black pepper
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp bourbon, 90 proof
1 tsp soy sauce, reduced sodium
1 tsp brown sugar, packed
½ tbsp ketchup
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
6 oz pork tenderloin, lean
½ oz spinach, chopped, frozen
1 cup carrots, fresh, peeled, sliced
2 tbsp onion, chopped
2 tbsp celery, fresh, diced
1 tsp garlic, chopped
¼ cup brown rice, uncooked
2 tbsp tomatoes chopped
⅛ tsp onion powder
⅓ cup water
2 tbsp cheddar cheese, low-fat
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
⅛ tsp Mrs. Dash® Italian seasoning
½ cup sliced strawberries, fresh