Beef and Tomato Pasta
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 41 g
Carbohydrates: 82.4 g
Sugars: 19.0 g
Fat: 14.9 g
Saturated Fat: 6.3 g
Fiber: 8.1 g
Sodium: 102.1 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well and keep warm.
2. Wash and chop onion and bell pepper.
3. In a saucepan, brown ground beef over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Add chopped onion, and cook until onion is soft, stirring occasionally.
5. Add green pepper and tomato sauce; cook until pepper is soft, stirring occasionally.
6. Season with black pepper to taste. Serve sauce over pasta; top with cheese.
7. Enjoy a banana for dessert.
2 oz rotini pasta noodles, whole wheat, uncooked
2 tbsp green onion, chopped
½ bell pepper, green, medium
4 oz ground beef, 10% fat
½ cup tomato sauce, no added salt
⅛ tsp black pepper
1 oz cheddar cheese, low-fat, low-sodium
1 banana, medium