Baked Fish with Julienne Veggies
[typical values per 100g]:
Protein: 49.3 g
Carbohydrates: 71 g
Sugars: 38.1 g
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Fiber: 9.4 g
Sodium: 507.5 mg
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Storage Info: N/A
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cut a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil 18 inches across.
2. Lay the fish fillet on one side of the foil; set aside.
3. Wash and mince garlic clove. Wash and then slice zucchini, carrots and onions into thin (julienne) strips; wash and slice mushrooms.
4. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic, sliced vegetables, and vegetable stock.
5. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the thyme and 1-1/2 tsp. of water; cook for 1 minute longer.
6. Spoon mixture over prepared fish fillet and top with lemon juice.
7. Pull the edges of the foil together and fold, securing edges tightly. Place the packet on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
8. Serve baked fish and veggies with a whole wheat roll and margarine.
9. Enjoy meal with a glass of milk and a banana.
6 oz cod, raw
1 garlic clove
1 cup zucchini, fresh, sliced
8 baby carrots
¼ onion, yellow
6 mushrooms, medium, fresh
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1½ tbsp vegetable broth, low sodium, fat free
⅛ tsp thyme, ground
1 tsp lemon juice
1 oz dinner roll, whole wheat
1 tsp margarine, canola-based, trans-fat free
8 fl oz milk, fat-free
1 banana, medium